Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downing doesn't throw the ball.
I guess Downing is telling him to throw into triple coverages lol. I know people bring up Carr and Downing and how Downing made Carr suck. Well Carr sucks now too, Raiders fans want him gone so is that Downing still? Not defending Downing, he does call stupid plays at stupid times for sure but why don't people ever want to blame the QB?

I guess Downing is telling him to throw into triple coverages lol. I know people bring up Carr and Downing and how Downing made Carr suck. Well Carr sucks now too, Raiders fans want him gone so is that Downing still? Not defending Downing, he does call stupid plays at stupid times for sure but why don't people ever want to blame the QB?
I think the 10 or so threads around here speak highly for how blamed the QB has been. Not even sure who this part of your comment is meant for, I haven’t seen one post since the playoff game relieving THill of any blame.

Avoiding reality?

Fans are generally stuck with a QB than an OC these days thanks to contracts and salaries.

Downing doesn't throw the ball.
none of us have any clue if T17 is even allowed to audible or IF there was a second read on that final play... for all we know T17 had zero options but to run the play called by downing and for all we know there was exactly one target on that call

granted I dont believe the above but I 100% blame the call while at the same time point out the failed execution

none of us have any clue if T17 is even allowed to audible or IF there was a second read on that final play... for all we know T17 had zero options but to run the play called by downing and for all we know there was exactly one target on that call

granted I dont believe the above but I 100% blame the call while at the same time point out the failed execution

I guess my main beef is that I know we CAN fix the QB. A trade of THill, albeit disadvantageous to the franchise in the 3-5 year time COULD occur. I'd take that for 1 or possibly 2 years with Aaron Rodgers. We are NOT hoisting the Lombardi with THill. Guaranteed. IMO if we work to get Aaron Rodgers, we have a 50-70% chance. Let Lewan walk. Try to work THill trade. Follow the Rams lead as they did with Stafford. It worked for them.

I've never felt more stuck and trapped as a Titans fan with PBS Tannehill. The guy is 0-3 is in his last 3 playoffs and the last two he just flat out chit the bed. I'd take a decent chance at the Lombardi for a few years in cap hell. Because that's where we're going anyway the year after next year with or without Tannehill.

I 100& blame downing... we have seen T17 suceed... have NOT seen that from downing
Agree and disagree at the same time. Downing is not the best but we've seen Tammy crumble in playoff games under different OCs. Can't blame Downing for the 3 terrible ints. The good news is we don't have Wentz at QB so there's that.

I guess my main beef is that I know we CAN fix the QB. A trade of THill, albeit disadvantageous to the franchise in the 3-5 year time COULD occur. I'd take that for 1 or possibly 2 years with Aaron Rodgers. We are NOT hoisting the Lombardi with THill. Guaranteed. IMO if we work to get Aaron Rodgers, we have a 50-70% chance. Let Lewan walk. Try to work THill trade. Follow the Rams lead as they did with Stafford. It worked for them.

I've never felt more stuck and trapped as a Titans fan with PBS Tannehill. The guy is 0-3 is in his last 3 playoffs and the last two he just flat out chit the bed. I'd take a decent chance at the Lombardi for a few years in cap hell. Because that's where we're going anyway the year after next year with or without Tannehill.
Your last paragraph is spot on. If we have any chance to dump Tanny and bring in an Rodgers or Wilson QBs that have won a Lombardi you have take it, this is a no brainer. We are in purgatory with Tanny, good season, playoff appearance, followed with a first round exit.

I don’t think anyone could have seen Tannehill’s play slipping this much.
I wholeheartedly disagree, many of us on this forum DID NOT WANT THILL, and knew this is what he is, actually worse, he can’t manage a playoff game and avoid TOs. One good season and he totally suckered you all into believing he was not the Miami THill.

I wholeheartedly disagree, many of us on this forum DID NOT WANT THILL, and knew this is what he is, actually worse, he can’t manage a playoff game and avoid TOs. One good season and he totally suckered you all into believing he was not the Miami THill.
Not buying much of this comment.
A) not many in this forum cared about getting THill to begin with, he wasn’t expected as starter right away, just insurance for the inevitable s**t play of that scrub mariota.
B) because of when he took over, he had nearly 2 years of outstanding QB play. No one knew anything about playoff performance before Tennessee due to lack of playoff games. In his first playoff appearance, he went 2-1 regardless of riding Henry or not. He was even part of the first half lead on KC putting him 30 minutes away from the SB. The D didn’t help him there.

he absolutely outplayed anything he did in Miami to earn the contract he has currently. The game against Balt was a big strike, although s**t D doesn’t help. It was a HUGE hit on him literally blowing the game against Cincinnati with his Downing syndrome partner.

if you didn’t want THill at all, you were far the minority on the topic when he was traded for.
If you were against the big contract, your closer to 50/50 based on how he played up to the point.

We need to start a rumor that Tannehill has been offered the NFL analyst job at fox, and that he's Russian. There is no try, there is only do. We've got to get out of this contract and take it into our own hands.

Teams typically move up into the 1st round from the 2nd round to take QBs. But this year is a bit unique in that the Dolphins and Lions both have late 1st round picks and while they don't have immediate needs at QB, they may be tempted to take one if the guy they like falls far enough.

Don't see us getting a 1 and 2, but netting the Lions 31/32 pick to go along with pick 66/65 would be pretty sweet.

This is all speculation. There are no facts to support whether or not the Lions, stationed in Detroit, will select a quarterback first round in the upcoming 2022 NFL Draft on April 28th, at Allegiant Stadium......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back